This is a quick and easy version of butter chicken – just right for weeknight dinners. This recipe is super simple so there’s no need for you to grab whole spices and grind them up. Served with rice and naan bread, it’s a family favourite at our place.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Marinate time: At least an hour
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 500g diced chicken (see notes to marinate)
- 50g butter
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ½ tsps nutmeg
- 1 ½ tsps turmeric
- 1 ½ tsps ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 cups cream
- Melt butter in a large frypan. Sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Add marinated chicken and cook through.
- Add tomato paste, garam masala, sugar and cream. Stir.
- Simmer until cooked.
- Serve with basmati rice and naan bread.
- Toss the spices (nutmeg, turmeric and ground cumin) through the chicken and marinate for at least an hour.