We all know what it’s like to have a fridge full of leftovers. A lot of my leftovers are usually vegetable ends. Did you know it’s estimated that 20% of the food we purchase is wasted? Rather than add to this statistic, I found a recipe for mini breakfast muffins using veggies and a few beaten eggs. They are the perfect size for the lunchbox and even my young daughter can eat them. Did I mention they also taste delicious?
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 3 rashers of bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190 °C.
- Using a food processor, grate cauliflower and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add eggs and garlic powder, and whisk until combined. Fold in cheese, bacon, capsicum and onion. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray, then fill each one about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Rest and serve.
- You can use whatever meat and vegetables you have left over including, ham, chicken, spinach, and broccoli.