A deliciously zingy salad with beetroot, lentils, rocket, feta and a gorgeous red wine dressing. All done in under 15 minutes! Perfect as a tasty side to the family meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 x 400g can brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 x 450g can beetroot wedges, drained
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 80g rocket leaves
- 180g feta cheese, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, lentils and beetroot. Cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk together remaining oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Add to lentil mixture. Toss to coat.
- Combine rocket, feta and lentil mixture in a bowl. Toss gently to combine. Serve.